The answer is : Clarins Renew- Plus Body Serum.
I have an awful lot of years now, under my belt, with beauty products, and have seen a lot of brands come and go, and some changing their names and product ingredients, so I have decided to do a write up on one of my old favourites: Clarins
- I like their clear, ‘no fuss’, easily- recognisable packaging and their clear red typeface on a white background, in a font size that I can read, sometimes without my specs, which is very useful, if one is in the shower. I can even read the small text on the back of packages and on the leaflets with my specs on, which is a great bonus, nowadays.(I always feel I ought to be able to sue some pharmaceutical brands for discrimination against the aged)
- I have used Clarins Moisture-Rich Body lotion, with shea butter for dry skin for a number of years as I really like the smell and it absorbs quite quickly and my skin feels smooth. Olfactory senses for me is a huge selling point, having been subjected to everyone I pass lately, smelling like either a coconut or fig pudding!!! What’s going on???? Or a lime or mandarin jelly???? ( I must say though that I absolutely HATE the ‘uplifting-perfume’ splash-it-on stuff in the red bottle that Clarins do as it reminds me of those air freshener things that affect my sinuses. My list of olfactory aversions is ever-increasing: Zoflora disinfectant, which reminds me of care-homes, Glade carpet vacuum powder, why would you want to sprinkle that all over your carpets, those wall air-freshener things that people put everywhere, even in their wardrobes, room-sprays, some candles, some flowery perfumes that are pretending to smell of roses. Sorry, I have got a bit grumpy, but bring back the good old joss-sticks and the real potpourri, not those lurid- colour-coded bits of sprayed- wood- shrapnel!!!!
- Okay, sorry, I quite like Clarins french text, as it helps me to keep up with my french and I love everything french, and didn’t vote for Brexit, and would probably now go and live in France, as I really like the look of Macron, but now my pension wouldn’t match their euros, so I am scuppered!
- Renew-Plus Body serum is even better than the body lotion, as it is a dream to massage in, and seems to take longer to absorb, so you can smooth it in. I feel it is sort of between an oil and a lotion???? Thank you Clarins. It is also AGE-DEFYING concentrate and I think this makes all the difference, as opposed to the moisture-rich lotion for dry skin. My skin is now aged, dry skin and if you push your finger along my forearm, it wrinkles like jam, when you are doing that saucer-test, haven’t made jam? Don’t ever make damson jam; my lovely hubby used to go for cover, as I swore at the hot spitting cauldron, bubbling away, and the hours trying to pick out all the stones, so that people didn’t break their teeth on their jam-butties.
- I am finishing now as my coffee has appeared and I am going to smell my real roses in the garden but I will be back with the Clarins Relax body treatment and L’Occitane body oil in comparison to my forty year old home-made version!! Bet you can’t wait! Ruth always tells me off for anecdotes, capital letters and exclamation marks so hopefully she will be so busy she won’t notice a little blog going astray, she has her standards to keep up you know!!!!!!!!! Also I don’t use my Twitter account very much now as I am really extremely politically insensitive when I get going, especially after a coffee and so perhaps I will slip by unnoticed, without getting her to edit out anything!!!!!!!!!!!! Here goes!!!!!!!!!